Have you ever wondered how Amazon is managing its indirect procurement across all our Fulfilment Operations in Europe? Do you want to join a company with an amazing growth to make history and leave your own footprint? Our European Procurement team is growing and we are hiring an EU Category Manager with Pan-European responsibilities to join the team, with flexibility for the role to be based in Luxembourg, Amsterdam, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, London, Paris, or Prague.
The EU Procurement Category Manager identifies and leads specific category sourcing activities to lower overall Total Cost of Ownership of Amazon operations ensuring MRO availability to meet business owner requirements. He/She develops and negotiates frameworks agreements to reduce risk, supporting local teams in project specific needs relevant to category.
As a Category Manager, you will create and own the strategic relationship with suppliers and senior internal stakeholders while building collaboration within and across organizational boundaries. You will develop key sourcing activities, ensuring equipment and service availability to meet business goals while minimizing risk. You will be the trusted advisor in strategic sourcing and procurement initiatives. You will work side-by-side with your stakeholders to deliver the best end customer experience.
- Identify, develop and deliver long term sourcing strategies, lead key initiatives with cross-functional teams; drive the decision making process of the category roadmap with senior leadership.
- Drive commercial relationships with suppliers, with a principal objective of achieving optimal cost and performance;
- Lead supplier performance management; including improving sustainability & social responsibility;
- Coordinate and collaborate with local teams to deploy and manage the implementation of your defined strategies.
- Autonomy to innovate and deliver new approaches that impact the bottom and the top line;
- Grow in a fast-pace environment where every day is day one;
- Being surrounded by inspiring and diverse individuals;
- Learn from people with a wide variety of professional backgrounds;
- Ability to develop new skills and opportunities through lateral, geographical or functional moves.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree
- Extensive experience in strategic sourcing
- Experience leading end-to-end source to pay processes, including spend analysis, bench-marking, clean-sheet costing, negotiations, supplier performance management, scorecards, contracting, requisitions, purchase orders, and savings tracking
- Experience reporting, interacting and negotiating with Senior Stakeholders and Senior Vendor management
- Ability to build positive working relationships
- Focus on the results that benefit the customer, whether directly or indirectly.
- Innovative thinking - able to take a good idea and make it even bigger
- Fluid in an additional European Language