Established in 1923, West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. has become a global leader in innovative solutions for injectable drug administration. Each and every day, West manufactures more than 112 million products that are used to help improve health care for millions of people around the world.
Join our team of 7,500 employees in 16 countries to help us write the next chapter of our success story. We are constantly looking for new talents and people who won’t settle for second best. Thinkers. Doers. Enthusiasts. As an employee, you will experience a collaborative and dynamic global working environment, where your development is our priority.
West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from concept to patient, West creates products that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and supports its customers from locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2020 sales of $2.14 billion reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its components and devices which are designed to improve the delivery of healthcare to patients around the world.
Make a difference as Principal Engineer Product Innovation (m/f/d).
Location: Kiefernweg Campus in Eschweiler, Germany
Contract conditions: full-time, permanent
Travel requirements: up to 10%
Recruiter: Martina Erens
Start date: as soon as possible
Within the Research and Development Team, you will research novel and integrated components used for the delivery of injectable drug products. In this role you will create and implement a strategy for future component developments. Using agile methods, you will drive the research of novel product solutions to address unmet market needs. You will also cultivate an innovative culture for early development projects in the R&D components systems team.
- One of your main tasks will be to define, plan, conduct and direct novel component innovation projects to be used for the delivery of injectable drug products
- Using agile methods, you will lead the research activities up to proof of concept
- To develop a deep understanding of performance characteristics, you will define performance criteria and testing modalities
- In addition, you will advise team members on manufacturing methods for prototyping and production
- You drive initiatives to cultivate an innovative culture for early development activities by mentoring engineers in their understanding of agile early product development and innovation methodologies
- You will support the direct manager and components systems team in maintaining and reporting on the early development strategy for the global components systems group
- Furthermore, you need to develop an understanding of the injectable drug market to define potentialunmet market needs together with other internal stakeholders
- To stay up to date with trends and materials, you will build and foster successful cooperation with external networks like suppliers and universities, as well as knowledge centers
- You own a master's degree in Engineering (Product Development, Mechanical) or comparable with proven years of experience in Product Design or Development
- To be successful in this role, you have a sound knowledge of materials with a background in medical devices or in the pharmaceutical industry
- In your roles, you demonstrated proficiency in project management and deep experience in leading development programs using agile methodologies
- While dealing with multiple technical projects and many varied stakeholders, you know how to organize and communicate technical ideas and concepts
- You are a team player (m/f/d) with experience in driving projects from idea to reality while working in international teams
- To find your way in our dynamic environment, you are able to make quick informed decisions under pressure and challenge existing and new ways to act and think
- As you will work in a multicultural environment, you need to speak English fluently. German language skills would be a plus
- You are willing to travel up to 10% internationally to West facilities, suppliers, technical conferences and trade fairs
- Internationality – As an American company, we live a global cooperation within international structures
- Philanthropy – We value an appreciative and friendly work environment as well as flat hierarchies
- Market-appropriate remuneration – We offer an attractive, market-oriented remuneration, including company social benefits and purchasing benefits
- Social engagement – We support local aid organizations through various actions organized by our employees
- Diversity – We at West value the wide range of our employees who make up our company
- Safety – Occupational safety is our highest priority; we offer secure jobs in a sustainable industry
- Development opportunities – Our employees benefit from an extensive range of trainings as well as from a constant and targeted employee development
- Family-friendly culture – We attach great importance to reconciling private life and work; flexible working hours are a matter of course for us